By Brendan Grehan
A BENCH WARRANT has been issued in Blanchardstown Court for a woman who allegedly caused €1,200 damage to a neighbour’s car.
Chelsea Dunne, aged 28, with an address at Moorefield Grove, Clondalkin, is charged with damaging a black Volkswagen Passat at another address at Moorefield Grove on April 19, 2016.
She is also charged with interfering with the mechanism of the same car also on April 19, 2016.
The court heard it will be alleged that on April 19 last, Dunne went into the injured party’s driveway and damaged her car. The door handles on the car were allegedly damaged. The total damage came to €1,200.
The case was before Judge David McHugh for mention.
There was no appearance from Dunne. Garda Sarah Smith asked the judge to issue a bench warrant.
Judge McHugh issued the warrant for Dunne’s arrest.
A few minutes later, Dunne’s solicitor, Fiona Brennan, entered the court. She told Judge McHugh she had been in the other court when the case was called. She asked Judge McHugh to remand Dunne’s case in Dunne’s absence.
Judge McHugh told Ms Brennan: “I’m reluctant to pull back at this point”. He said the warrant stood.
- Tallaght woman who drove twice without insurance received three-month suspended sentence
March 23, 2017
- Tallaght man fined €250 for driving with woman on bonnet
March 22, 2017
- Clondalkin man scammed vulnerable woman out of €90,000 life-savings
March 20, 2017
- Clondalkin man pays back €2k for unnecessary roof repairs
March 20, 2017
- Clondalkin man with 190 previous convictions to be sentenced on dangerous driving charges
March 11, 2017