Food with JP Passion: Lemon and white chocolate muffins
By JP Kennedy
John Paul Kennedy is a self-taught cook and an avid fan of collecting cookery books with a passion for good old-fashioned home cooking. His passion for proper family cooking stems from his TWO Grandmothers who were both excellent cooks, one of whom was a trained chef. JP promises to bring us plenty of family-inspired recipes and tasty treats while showing us how to get the basics right.
You can of course do a lot of different variations of these muffins such as classic blueberry and orange, apple and blackcurrant, banana or lemon and raspberry whatever takes your fancy.
For those of you who read my blog and follow me on social media you will know I adore citrus flavours and these muffins coupled with the sweetness of the white chocolate are the perfect accompaniment for a perfectly lazy weekend breakfast / brunch.
Lemon and White Chocolate Muffins
Ingredients: Makes 12 Muffins
- 100g unsalted butter
- 130g plan flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 140g light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240ml milk
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of grated lemon zest
1. Preheat your oven to 180* / gas mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin case with paper baking / muffin cases.
2. In a larger mixing bowl whisk / beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the eggs a little at a time followed by the milk.
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixture and combine together.
5. Gently fold in the white chocolate chips and lemon zest and using an ice scream scoop spoon the batter into muffin cases and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly golden brown. Always check they ae fully cooked by inserting a metal skewer into the center of a muffin and once it comes out clear you know they are baked.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to allow to cool completely.
Contact JP On:
By subscribing to The Echo you are supporting your local newspaper Click Here: Echo Online.