St Mary’s and Ballyboden members test positive for COVID-19

St Mary’s and Ballyboden members test positive for COVID-19

By Hayden Moore

ST MARY’S Gaelic Football Club have ceased all activity after three of their adult members tested positive for COVID-19, days after Ballyboden St Enda’s revealed they too had a case.
On Tuesday evening, Chairman of the Saggart-based club Colman Andrews revealed that they would suspend all activity until Friday, August 28, to give them time to assess the situation before making any further decisions.

bodennew1 1

In a statement released through the club’s Facebook page, it said: “Regrettably the club has been informed today that three adult members have returned positive test results for covid-19, in light of this, the club will suspend all football activity (both adult & Juvenile) until midnight on Friday the 28th of August.
“This will give the club time to review the situation and ensure a safe return to club activity for all members. 

“We will issue a further statement later on in the week in relation to a return to activity.
“Wishing the members in question a speedy recovery.”
This follows five-days after Ballyboden St Enda’s GAA Club announced that one of their adult players had tested positive for COVID-19.
Although, the Firhouse Road club concurred that all training and games could continue in line with COVID-19 regulations, following advice from the HSE.
In the statement released through the Ballyboden website, it read: “Unfortunately, a Ballyboden St Enda’s adult player has tested positive for Covid-19.
“The player himself is well, and he and his family are isolating in accordance with protocol.
“The HSE has been notified and contact tracing is taking place.
“Unless individuals are specifically notified otherwise by the HSE, contact in the context of GAA activity is considered to be casual contact and all training and games may continue in line with Covid protection processes and policies.”
Ballyboden St Enda’s received a walkover in their Junior Hurling ‘A’ Championship quarter-final, which was scheduled for last Sunday morning, after their opposition Clanna Gael Fontenoy did not fulfil the fixture following safety concerns.

By subscribing to The Echo you are supporting your local newspaper Click Here: Echo Online.

Share This