DFB issue warning about the dangers of cracked and damaged plug sockets
Dublin Fire Brigade have issued a warning in relation to the dangers and warning signs of broken or cracked plug sockets.
The emergency service said a householder smelt smoke and correctly got help immediately.
A resident smelt smoke & got help. The socket was the source. Cracking on the front can be a sign of heat building up due to bad connections pic.twitter.com/MkrIdLyPn2
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) July 2, 2017
According to DFB, the smell was tracked down to the socket, with charring visible in the images they shared.
They also said the cracking on the front cover of the socket can be an indication of excess heat building up due to bad connections.
Anyone who thinks their plug sockets are faulty or damaged should immediately seek help.