Fourth arrest after two gardai hospitalised following assault
GARDAI have arrested another man (40s) in relation to a public order and assault incident at a licensed premises on Ballyfermot Road in the early hours of this morning.
As previously reported, two members of An Garda Síochána were hospitalised after they were assaulted while responding to a public order incident in the Ballyfermot area at around 12.45am on Sunday, November 21.
This morning Gardai confirmed that three arrests had been made in relation to the incident.
In a statement issued this evening, a Garda spokesperson said that the woman (50s) arrested in relation to this incident has been charged and released from custody.
She is scheduled to appear before the CCJ at a later date.
The two male suspects, aged 50s and 30s, remain in custody at Ballyfermot Garda Station.
Gardai also confirmed this evening that they have arrested another man (40s) in relation to the public order and assault incident which occurred on Ballyfermot Road.
The two Garda members assaulted during the course of this incident have now been discharged from hospital, the statement said.
Both members are receiving support from their colleagues, local Garda Management and the wider Organisational Supports of the Peer Support Service, Chief Medical Officer and 24-hour counselling service have been provided if required.